I teach Pilates matwork and studio as pilatesbody.co.uk. I firmly believe that Pilates is a great way for people of any age or ability to become stronger and to lead a more active, healthy lifestyle.
I started Pilates in 1999 on the recommendation of my physiotherapist to help treat the RSI I had developed through my work as a computer professional. I have been doing regular studio sessions ever since. I have been dancing since the age of four and attended classes at Pineapple in Covent Garden for many years. I have been practising Iyengar Yoga since my teens.
I qualified to teach Pilates matwork with Body Control Pilates in 2003 and to teach reformer with Helge Fisher’s New Pilates School in 2004, followed by the other studio equipment (cadillac, chair and barrels). I regularly attend continuing professional development courses to keep my knowledge up to date and to focus on specific areas.
- Matwork Teacher
- Master Matwork Teacher
New Pilates School
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Level 3 Designing Pilates Programmes for Bone Health
- Level 3 Physical Activity and Health Considerations for the Older Adult
- Level 3 Designing Pre and Postnatal Pilates Programmes
- Level 4 Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
- Level 4 Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Member of The Body Control Pilates Association
- Member of The Society for the Pilates Method
- Body Control Pilates Academy Founding Member
- Back4Good Practitioner
- BackCare Professional
Insured with EMD-UK to teach group exercise and specialist classes where qualified.