My name is Rosemary Godfrey. I started Pilates in 1999 and have been doing regular studio sessions ever since. It was recommended by my physiotherapist to help treat the RSI I had developed through my work as a computer professional. In 2002, I took voluntary redundancy and have since started teaching both Pilates matwork and studio. I have been dancing since the age of four and attended classes at Pineapple in Covent Garden for many years. I have been practising Iyengar Yoga since my teens.
I qualified to teach Pilates matwork with Body Control Pilates in 2003 and to teach reformer with Helge Fisher’s New Pilates School in 2004, followed by the other studio equipment (cadillac, chair and barrels). I regularly attend continuing professional development courses to keep my knowledge up to date and to focus on specific areas, such as back pain and older people.
- Matwork Teacher
- Master Matwork Teacher
New Pilates School
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Level 3 Designing Pilates Programmes for Bone Health
- Level 3 Physical Activity and Health Considerations for the Older Adult
- Level 3 Designing Pre and Postnatal Pilates Programmes
- Level 4 Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
- Level 4 Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Member of The Society for the Pilates Method
- Body Control Pilates Academy Founding Member
- Back4Good Practitioner
- BackCare Professional
Insured with EMD-UK to teach group exercise and specialist classes where qualified, such as Level 3 for pre- and post-natal.