I have recently completed the online course ‘Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity+’ from UK Coaching.
Regular physical activity is associated with lower rates of depression and anxiety across all age groups. Taking part in an exercise class, such as Pilates can help to: reduce stress, improve mood, lift self-esteem, lower depression and improve sleep – as well as getting out and meeting people!
If you would like to find out more, here are some useful links:
- Get set to go https://www.mind.org.uk/about-us/our-policy-work/sport-physical-activity-and-mental-health/get-set-to-go/
- Sport in Mind https://www.sportinmind.org/
- Swims http://www.mentalhealthswims.co.uk/#home
- Run Talk Run https://www.runtalkrun.com/
- Coping through football https://www.copingthroughfootball.org/what-we-do/