My name is Rosemary Godfrey. I started Pilates in 1999 and have been doing regular studio sessions ever since. It was recommended by my physiotherapist to help treat the RSI I had developed through my work as a computer professional. In 2002, I took voluntary redundancy and have since started teaching both Pilates matwork and studio. I have been dancing since the age of four and attended classes at Pineapple in Covent Garden for many years. I have been practising Iyengar Yoga since my teens.
I qualified to teach Pilates matwork with Body Control Pilates in 2003 and to teach reformer with Helge Fisher’s New Pilates School in 2004, followed by the other studio equipment (cadillac, chair and barrels). I regularly attend continuing professional development courses to keep my knowledge up to date and to focus on specific areas, such as back pain and older people.
- Body Control Pilates – Master Matwork Teacher
- Register of Exercise Professionals
- Level 3 Pilates Instructor
- Level 4 Back Pain Instructor
- Active IQ
- Level 3 Designing Pilates Programmes for Bone Health
- Level 3 Physical Activity and Health Considerations for the Older Adult
- Back4Good Practitioner
- BackCare Professional